Help a loved one to overcome addiction
Drug & Alcohol Treatment?
A hospital in Amritsar has opened a Mobile/Internet De-Addiction Centre
Punjab: A hospital in Amritsar has opened a Mobile/Internet De-Addiction Centre. Dr J Pal, psychiatrist says, "It's the most common addiction these days & develops behaviors in children that are disastrous, like self-harm. Children who visit us regularly have seen improvement
Amritsar gets its first mobile deaddiction centre for children
Amritsar: At a time when youths and adults are undergoing rehabilitation in deaddiction centres in Punjab, children too have joined the bandwagon. In a first, Amritsar has got its first deaddiction centre for children from mobile phones. The centre can accommodate children from as young as six months to 15 years of age.
Addicted to your phone? Punjab gets its first mobile detox centre in Amritsar
An Amritsar-based private hospital has opened Punjab's first mobile de-addiction centre for ditigal detox of adults besides the school children and even small kids. The hospital was in the news after it opened a drug de-addiction centre for women two years ago.
Our luxury residences
- with 5-star service
Hermitage Rehab is a brain child of Dr Jps bhatia. It commenced it's operations ,with only four patients, in the year 2008 as the FIRST private residential rehab in Punjab. It was a path breaking step because, at that time, there was a great influence and blind faith in God-men and Black magic...
In a well calibrated and precise answer to
- Rajdeep Sardesai
In a well calibrated and precise answer to Rajdeep Sardesai, Dr Bhatia explained how there can be total eradication of the disease of addiction. He called it THE INTEGRATED TREATMENT PROGRAM.
He said that there are five parts to this treatment procedure :
1. Awareness and prevention of drug addiction in the society and the youth. The generation is getting exposed to party drugs and binge drinking at a very early age. They should get the idea of suffering and torture one has to face later on.
2. Those who are already addicted , should have easy availability to detoxification. The initial medical facilities should also not be denied to these patients, which is often the case in drug overdose emergency.
3. A well managed rehab program for the recovering patients should be in place. It should be based on the individual analysis of the recovering addict's requirement.
4. Next , he said that reoccupation of the recovering patient and his family is must. The mainstream society should provide him status and self esteem for being financially independent. Discrimination , usually becomes the villain.
5. THE MOST CRUCIAL aspect to achieve all this is a truly well coordinated POLITICAL, SOCIAL , BUREAUCRATIC , EXECUTIVE WILL. They all need to work in sync with each other without looking at PREJUDICES & PETTY gains.